Check engine, D flashes and power loss

classic Classique list Liste threaded Arborescence
Répondre | Arborescence
Ouvrir ce message en vue arborescente

Check engine, D flashes and power loss

tdh10

I own since April 2018 and I think I have a big problem.
I noticed a big loss of power in hot weather (35 degrees).
The check engine turned on and the D indicator on the driver's display blinked.
The check engine went out the next day after a refill.
And this morning, everything is back (power loss with tears flashing)
Répondre | Arborescence
Ouvrir ce message en vue arborescente

Re: Check engine, D flashes and power loss

C.H.
Hi,

Welcome to AVEQ, sorry for your troubles.

I do not own a Ioniq, so I can only try to give you a general solution. Many people will just unplug the 12V battery and wait like 2-3 minutes before plugging the battery back......

That will temporarely solve the issue. If that happens very often, then you have to go back to your car dealer.

You can check this video, it might help you : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv9Jfg5PIbM

Good luck !
Chevrolet Volt 2012
Tondeuse EGO, 56V
Chainsaw EGO, 56V et Stihl 36V
306 584 km en date du 08 mars 2019 pour la Volt, objectif: la lune aller retour, donc 2x 384 500km..on verras...car le moteur à sauté, le bearinng de transmission aussi, un des 3 radiateurs remplacé, le siège conducteur aussi plus 15 autres problèmes....sky is the limit :-)
Répondre | Arborescence
Ouvrir ce message en vue arborescente

Re: Check engine, D flashes and power loss

AlainL
charles hamaratos wrote
You can check this video, it might help you : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv9Jfg5PIbM
Hi there,

sorry for your troubles...

I do have a 2017 Ioniq that I own since february and I have never had this problem. Let us know if unplugging the 12V battery works, it will be a good reference for other users. In any case, I would mention it to your dealer, you don't want that happening all the time.

As a side mention Charles, in my car, I do not have the 12C reset button that is mentionned in the video... There are many features it seems that are not on all models, or maybe depending on the country where you bought it or what ever...
Ioniq SE nordique EV 2017